Dum Dum Bullet – New Album Released 25th June..
Despite having split in 2008, The Mission returns next month with ‘Dum Dum Bullet’, a new compilation of rare B-sides, previously unreleased demos, new songs left over from the God Is a Bullet sessions and a brand-new extended remix of album cut “Dumb” by Mission guitarist Mark Gemini Thwaite.
Due out June 25 in Europe, the 14-track album (on CD and digital download) features six songs originally released as extra tracks on the Keep It in the Family EP and “Blush” digital single, both released in 2007 off that year’s God Is a Bullet, the Mission’s final studio album.
More intriguing to fans are seven tracks identified as new songs or Hussey demos (see full tracklist below) written during the God Is a Bullet sessions. The comp wraps up with Thwaite’s new seven-and-a-half-minute remix of God Is a Bullet’s “Dumb.” Thwaite states that he “decontructed the studio version and recreated a dancefloor monster with new sounds, loops and additional guitars.”
Wayne Hussey says of Dum Dum Bullet:“The band were enjoying a very creative and productive period and obviously had a lot of surplus material left over which I have recently found the time and inclination to complete. Some of these tracks made it to single B-sides and extra tracks etc, but only three of which having previously made it onto limited edition CD release. A couple of tracks here are, in fact, just Wayne Hussey demos, and a couple more tracks would be stretching the truth a little to actually call them Mission tracks as there is no one else performing on them apart from yours truly. But that’s not the first time that that has happened. It’s an album of curios, that will maybe raise a little debate amongst Missionaries, an album of could-haves, would-haves and should-haves...” (March 2010)
- It Don’t Matter Anymore Anyhow (previously released as an extra track on the ‘Keep it in the Family’ EP)
- Refugee (previously released as an extra track on the ‘Keep it in the Family’ EP)
- Room 22 (new song)
- Chelsea Blue (previously only available digitally in Europe as an extra track with the ‘Blush’ single release)
- Acoustic Blush (previously only available digitally in Europe as an extra track with the ‘Blush’ single release)
- Thine (previously only available digitally in Europe as an extra track with the ‘Blush’ single release)
- So Many Things (new song)
- Still Deep Waters (instrumental, previously unreleased)
- Katya’s Lullaby (new song, Wayne Hussey demo)
- Aquarius & Gemini (a cappella, previously unreleased)
- The Earth You Walk Upon (new song)
- Stranger In A Foreign Land – (new song, Wayne Hussey demo)
- Blush Remodel (previously only available digitally in Europe as an extra track with the ‘Blush’ single release)
- Dumb (Dambusters 617 Squadron mix by Mark Gemini Thwaite – previously unreleased)
The Mission: Dum Dum Bullet
Label: Oblivion (SPV GmBh)
Release dates: June 25th (D), 28th (EU), 29th (USA)
Pre-Order via the Official Mission online store: http://www.themissionstore.co.uk/
click here to pre-order (USA): http://www.amazon.com/Dum-Dum-Bullets-Mission/dp/B002ZDOYS4/